Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Beautiful End-of-Summer Days

I love this time of year. You know that fall is right around the corner but the days are still warm enough for shorts. If you look at the top of the mountain, you can see the leaves are changing but everything is still green at the bottom. The mornings are crisp and cool and require a light jacket. It is once again just perfect to have lunch outside and go for after-school walks with the kids and the dog. Amazing right?

We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the valley - I try to run the Draper trail several times a week and finally I just stopped to take a picture of some of my favorite views. The sunflowers are in full bloom along the trail - how amazing right??


We love walking over to the school next door and throwing the Aerobie to Buzz - that dog will run for miles to retrieve it. It's like he can't help but run after it - even if he's exhausted. Sometimes the sprinklers at the school will be on and he just goes CRAZY! Instant dog shower- I'm off the hook for bathing the dog that week.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

The pictures you posted made me miss everything about Draper so much! I think autumn will always be the time I miss it the most. I love that the mountain is awash in colors before the valley too. Ahh...now I'm craving soup and blankets even though it's still hot enough to bake muffins in my car here.