Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just another Thursday

Jackson had rain gutter regatta tonight for scouts. He was disappointed that it wasn't pinewood derby because our troop for some reason has never done it and he was dying to create one with his dad. This is his second time making a boat and after the last time we did this, I was honestly not looking extremely forward to it. This is something a father would usually help his son do and it is by sheer luck that both times, Nathan has been out of town for this blessed event so it is up to me, the non-scout, to help him create his boat.


I will not go into the particulars because I love my child very much and that is all that matters but someone was not a happy sailor after his boat failed to adequately race down the rain gutter. If you have never had this happen to you with your son, then you are living your life right. I hate the fact that he was so excited for this competition and then the whole thing ended on a sour note. I am very proud of Jackson that he created his own boat - from the sanding and shaping down to the spray paint and design (it was VERY hard to give up control of the spray paint!). There were some boats that were obviously the creation of a parent and so at least he can say he did it on his own.

Last night Audrey stayed up WAY past her bedtime trying to wiggle her tooth out. All I remember is being woken up (it was not light outside) by my very bubbly 7 year old with her exclaiming "MOM! I pulled out my tooth all by myself - dad didn't even have to help me this time!!" This is a sign of maturing in our household - when you can accomplish one more task independent of a parent. Being the sweet girl that she is, Audrey thought she should leave the tooth fairy a note with some candy and her tooth attached to it. How thoughtful - what tooth fairy doesn't like a fun size box of nerds?

* Notice the different size and shape of teeth on her crown - Audrey doesn't miss a detail!

1 comment:

Annie said...

That picture is adorable. Audrey is such a sweetie!