Saturday, August 1, 2009

Boy Stuff and Girl Stuff

Nathan, being the fabulous dad that he is, decided it was time to make Jackson into a man. He decided it was time that he and Jacks take a overnight backpacking trip on Lone Peak. They packed their packs, Nathan's probably weighed about 60 lbs. and Jackson's probably weighed 35 lbs. (I did the math and figured that at some point, Nathan would be carrying approximately 95 lbs. up VERY steep terrain - what a trooper). They had cell phone service the whole way so I got to talk to them a few times. I got detailed reports of what was happening and all the wildlife they had seen. I just picked them up this morning and Jackson said that he had a blast and that this was definitely making it into his "What I Did This Summer" report when he returned to school - I think that means it was a hit! Thanks babe - what a great dad you are!

Since the boys were off for the night, Audrey and I hit the theater with Bobbi Ann and her girls - we saw "Hello Dolly" at the Hale Center Theatre in West Valley City. It was wonderful! I have seen a few Broadway plays before so when it comes to local productions, I get a little sceptical but it really was good - I think the actors were all spectacular. This was the first play I have seen at this particular theater and I will go again - most definitely! The girls got a little restless but they were pretty good - it was really fun to do something with my sister and her girls (sorry Kendra and Stephanie - we missed you!) Sisters are the best! (Sorry we can't see your face Maddie, Audrey was making a political statement - we call her the family lib)

No comments: