Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Jane


On August 8, (which happened to be my cousin Chelsey's 1 year wedding anniversary - you're no longer newlyweds!) my sweet baby Jane turned one! What a day that was - I celebrated by running the Provo river 1/2 marathon! That's right - at 4:45 am, Debbi and I woke up and our coach Brandon dropped us off at the starting line. We didn't actually begin the race until 7 am so I was really glad Debbi and I decided to do it together - I don't know who I would have talked to for two hours until the race finally began! My sweet husband and children were waiting for me at the finish line, cheering me on! What an accomplishment. One year ago on that day I was giving birth to a baby! My that year went by fast. I am not sure of my exact time but I am pretty sure I finished around 1:44:00. It seemed to go by a lot quicker then that time so I guess that's a good thing - it would have been awful if it dragged and dragged.

On a sad note, a week ago today (that would mean last Monday for those of you who don't want to figure it out) I woke up to find my service door into my garage opened and my truck door wide open - I asked Nathan why he left the truck door open and then we both gasped! We new immediately we had been robbed. They took my purse and Jackson's scripture bag. I was so sad - all week I talked about it. For some reason I just couldn't let it go - poor Nathan, he had to hear me talk non stop about it. I just felt so violated! What IDIOTS!!! I have to say that I know we should forgive and forget but COME ON - I just cannot forgive these IDIOTS! Okay, that is all I will say about that - really, I could go on and on but you don't want me to - (to my surprise, my wallet was recovered - albeit empty- and Jackson's scriptures were recovered too- minus one scripture bag - If I am going to look on the bright side of things, I am grateful these idiots are apparently not LDS as I am sure we would never have seen the scriptures again because as we all know, you can never have too many sets of scriptures)

Okay so back to Jane's wonderful first birthday . . . I was so wiped out after my race that we decided to celebrate it on Sunday morning since Nathan was leaving Sunday afternoon. Thanks to my sweet parents, Jane did actually get to open a present on her birthday here are some pictures . . .

"Hey, I know I'm new at this birthday thing but I'm preeeety sure that your hands shouldn't be all over my presents."

"Mom, do you think you could at least try and slick down this mop before you take my birthday photo? I mean really - I can't be lookin' like this in my wedding video montage!"

"Ohh, I love this bear - now what else did you get me. . ."

"Okay, hands off, just let me have a moment here."

"Is this really for me??"

"Really, really?"
"Let me just eat my way through this balloon - it might be faster!"

We were able to enjoy my sister Stephanie for a few weeks this summer. Jackson and Audrey always look forward to a visit from their cousins. Here are just a few photos. We love you guys and miss you tons!



5 comments:

VillageGreen Unit For Sale said...

you are awesome and my inspiration for running a half...we are so doing one together!

Chelsey Meier said...

Jane is so darling! You take the best pictures of her. I totally can relate about getting robbed. It's such a strange feeling to think that someone went into YOUR property and took YOUR stuff. Don't they know you can't just do that? They are silly little people.

SandyKay said...

Happy Birthday Baby Jane ~ how beautiful she is. It's funny how J & A and mini me's and she's a perfect combo!

Sorry about the break in ~ that's horrible.

Natalie said...

I can't believe she's one! Crazy! And I understand the robbery. We had our car robbed while it was in our garage and they took some items that needed to be returned, and then my whole bag of library books. I was so mad about the library books because I had to pay close to 200 dollars for them. So I get you. Of all the things to steal in our garage...the library books?!? Good job on your running...one of these days I just might do it :)

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh my gosh, Jane is SO stinkin cute. Happy Birthday! That is crazy you got robbed. That is my worst nightmare. I'm so sorry. And it's nice to see Steph's kids on here since she doesn't have a blog (hint hint Steph). Can't wait to see you soon.