Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"I'm 9! Hey did you know I'm 9? Ya, oh ya - I'm NINNNNNNNNE!"

Jackson has been very disappointed that it has taken me this long to post his birthday blog. His birthday was last Friday, August 14th. Okay Jackson, here it is in all it's glory. I sincerely hope you like it. Unfortunately, Jackson's dad was out of town for his birthday so I tried my best to play super mom to make up for it and honestly, it has taken me this long to garner enough energy to finally write about it.

Nathan and I actually surprised Jackson with his own room as an early birthday surprise. The week prior to his birthday, he spent with his grandpa Bob so we painted and put up bead board in his absence. Grandma was away on a trip so grandpa took care of Jackson all week long shuffling him to and from his BYU Sports Camp (many thanks dad! You're the best). I think they had a great time bonding and I know Jackson really had a great time both at the sports camp and just hangin' with grandpa! When he got home, he asked me a million times if he could go again next year - hopefully he didn't ware out his welcome with my parents. (I don't think so because they invited us to dinner with them yesterday - we ate yummy fish my dad caught a few weeks ago in Alaska)

On Friday morning, Jackson got to go golfing with the scouts. Henry, Jackson's friend, invited us all up to their pool to go swimming with them in the afternoon. When he got home, we opened a few gifts and then he packed up for the ward "Father's and Son's" outing. Thanks to David Lindford for taking Jackson - his son was away at a camp of his own and couldn't make it back and Jackson was missing a father so they decided to go together- David didn't want to miss hanging out with his friends and Jackson didn't want to miss hanging out with his so it really worked out. I love great neighbors/friends! I don't know what I would do without the Lindfords it's just like having my family living next door. I surprised Jackson and sent up a big birthday cake with David and had him bring it out after dinner. Jackson was so surprised that when they brought it out and started singing - he thought "Wow! What a coincidence! I wonder whose birthday it is?" Jackson said he had a great birthday and I'm glad he felt special - isn't that what a birthday is all about?? I love you so much Jackson! I can't believe you're NINE - as you have said before "It's my last year in the single digits, better live it up."

Thanks for the FANTASTIC party you threw my kids. We all had a great time. The food was wonderful and the company was fantastic. The kids all loved their gifts and your generosity. We love you. Here are some pictures from the party.



It rained so hard on Saturday - it was cold and wet all day long (I'm afraid to think that fall is on it's way) Audrey, of course, didn't bat an eye at the bad weather outside, it just gave her a chance to dress up!


Pictures of Jane and her fist pigtails (or are they devil horns - sometimes I don't know....)

A few nights ago, we had pancake night - Audrey had made quite the artist statement with hers. It's called 'the flower' and 'the smiley'. Everyone should have an eccentric artist in their house!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You gave me a good idea. I'm totally starting the tradition of pancake night once a week-easy dinner that I know my kids will eat. Hey, keep next Friday night (the 28th) open. I'm trying to plan a Big Girl Party while Heather and Chelsey are here :)