Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day Remembered

Our Favorite Father! We love you babe. Thanks for being the man that you are - we love you so much!!

One week ago today we celebrated Father's Day. The kids and I enjoyed bringing breakfast-in-bed for our favorite dad! We made pecan pancakes with a side of fruit served with a nice cold diet coke (of course). The kids then sat and watched dad eat his food. Isn't that the best? It was a nice day and then my parents treated us all to a wonderful dinner at their home. I didn't have to bring a thing! Thanks so much M&D! We loved it! I was soooo stuffed by the time I left. We roasted hot dogs in their fire pit and for dessert we made s'mores. Jackson's favorite part of the night was probably trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to roast the perfect marshmallow. I have to be honest, it can be a little frightening watching your son run at you through a crowd of other small children with 6 flaming marshmallows on a hot, sharp, metal rod screaming "It's on fire! It's on fire! Put it out! Put it out!" And we wonder how kids get injured. . .

I have posted some of my favorite pictures from the evening. My favorite is this one of my parents. I love you mom and dad! You guys are so cute. What would I do without you. You're the best - I can't imagine growing up with a better mom and dad. Thanks for Sunday!

Mom - You've still got it after all these years!











2 comments:

Natalie said...

You make me want a nice camera. Or maybe you could just come to all my activities and be my private photographer :) Tell Bobbi Ann she's a hottie. I love that picture of her and Paul. And Jane is pretty cute too.

SandyKay said...

Love the pictures! You're Mom and Dad are the bomb (can I say that still :-)) and Nathan is a terrific dad.