Thursday, June 18, 2009

What lengths we will go to for anything Disney . . .


Debbi and I decided it would be soooo fun to go see the Disney Christmas Carol train that stopped at Ogden Union station for one day only - oh, so did everyone else in Utah! For those sane people who may have not gotten wind of this from the other crazies out there, Disney has a new movie with Jim Carey coming out November 6. As part of the promotion of this movie, they customized three Amtrak cars to look like sets from the movie and the idea was that the public tour through them and see a little bit of the "Disney Majic". If you were willing to wait in line for three hours, supposedly it was really neato. However, it was Debbi and I supervising nine children (we brought Jodi and Tolan Brown's children with us) and we didn't think it prudent to attempt waiting in line for 3 hours. Luckily, we did pack a lunch so driving to the Ogden Union station was not in vain. We were able to enjoy a delicious lunch on a green strip between the large parking lot and a busy street. How divine! ("No Paigie, stay here and eat this sandwich, don't wander onto that busy highway over there - what did you say? I can't hear you! I think it may be all this traffic?!")

This is the view from the outside, ohhhh, I can only imagine what it must have been like on the inside (I am certain it was amazing - they even brought the Disneyland street sweepers to clean the sidewalk outside the train. You know who I'm talking about don't you? Those people that are all over Disneyland with their broom and dustpan-on-a-stick sweeping up molecules of dust when there is an absence of any actual trash?) Can you see the little snowflakes blowing about? They were tiny bubbles - again- Disney doesn't do anything halfway.

"Hurry, climb up on the dirty, rusty old train so I can take a picture! Be careful - I don't know if your tetanus shot is current or not. Now smile and act like your not disappointed we didn't wait in line for three hours!"

Don't we all just look beautiful and fresh-faced? You would never know we had been sweating and constantly counting nine kids all day long would ya!

Sorry Raquel and Paige - your kinda out of focus but remember - I'm not a professional so just be grateful your in the photo at all. Thanks Debb for a great and unforgettable day! At least we didn't sit at home bored. . . .

1 comment:

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

You are an awesome writer. you maake me laugh whenever I read your blogs. Keep it up. And I will say you nd aDebbie sure are brave.:-)