Friday, June 12, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun.

Audrey's cousins Maddie and Brielle spent the night last night. Their mom had won tickets to the Kelly Clarkson concert at UVU so I insisted she bring them up for the night. Audrey was so thrilled! I made one giant bed for them and I let them watch Barbie Rapunzel on my laptop in Audrey's room. Am I a fun Aunt or what? Really it's just another great technique for crowd control. Thanks Bobbi Ann for bringing them up. We love your girls so much! Even the big girl headed to BYU in the fall. Go Cougars.

Jackson had a special rite of passage today. It was the first day of his first scout camp ever! He woke up at 5:30 and was counting the minutes until he got to meet up with his troop at 8am. He came home this afternoon full of all sorts of tales. A highlight for him was getting to use a Beebe gun for the first time. He claims that is what he is going to request for his birthday. I don't know... I've always said there would be no fire arms in my house but when your son is just so excited - huh, this is a topic for further discussion at a later date.

Today was the first day in a long time that we actually were able to see the sun so of course Audrey had to don her beautiful bathing suit and organize a water balloon fight. Many of my neighbor's kids participated and even I had to join in the fun. Jackson, Lizzie and Joann against me and the little kids. I think our team won? I don't know - we all ended up wet in the end. I just pray I am never too old for water balloons. I have always been a big fan of them- go figure.




Jane's personality is really starting to take shape. She is very adventurous and wants to be where all the action is. As we were all filling up balloons, I saw her trying to make her way out into the backyard and I had to capture the moment. I like to think of this photo as "the great escape". Way to go Jane!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That picture of Jane escaping is adorable! Such a good capture of what life is like for her :)