Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer summer summertimmmmmmmmmmme, summertime. Let's just sit back and unwind. (hey, that's catchy! Someone should write a song using those words!)

Audrey wanted to put this rose in her hair so I had to take a photo - this actually came from one of my rose bushes.

Two more days of school and then we're done for the summer. No big plans really, oh yea, this summer I will not be pregers so that is a plus. My hubby and I both agree that I am a lot more fun to be around when I am not in incubation mode. Today we signed Jackson up for a sports camp this summer at BYU - he won't be spending the night but he will be going each day for a week. He is almost 9 years old that I guess this is a normal thing now. He also goes up to scout camp next week so he is way excited about that. Audrey begins first grade next year and our school is beginning a Chinese immersion program so in preparing for that, they are having the children participate in a two week Chinese language day camp ( that is paid for by the state). Somehow we have to plan a family vacation in there. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to go up and visit Steph and Marcus in Seattle - Steph swears to me that she will entertain us all day every day around the clock if we make an appearance so who can resist an offer like that.

Audrey had an agenda today. We went and bought her bird a house and she painted it. Jackson is supervising.


Finally, her ceramic bird has it's own home. With all the little doll houses Audrey collects, we like to refer to it officially as "unincorporated area 12687". Anymore "houses" of any kind and we will need to consider lobbying dad for her own fire station.

Really, the only thing that makes Jane cry is being on the grass without a protective barrier between her and the grass.
"Oh please, ENOUGH already!"

3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Hey Tammi (and Jackson :))! I have been without internet FOREVER! Just finally got a chance to look at your blog. And I shouldn't have started because I've been looking at it for a LONG time! You guys are so cute. I love that you have a blog now and that I can keep up to date with you. Tell Jackson he is added. Love you guys. P.S. You take great pics. We will have to swap tips cause I am just getting into this hobby too.

SandyKay said...

OK ~ The picture of Audrey and Jackson is such a Mini Me moment!! Whenever I look at Audrey I just laugh because I keep thinking it's you in little peoples clothes! Love your blog ~ it's so fun to get on here at the end of a long day and just read and laugh and enjoy the moments of life. I hope your summer plans include going to WSS for the reunion ~ hint hint hint! Baby Jane is adorable ~ she looks like that is the last place she wanted to be set down.
Hi To Everyone ~ Love, SK

Natalie said...

What is it with girls and their houses? I guess it's a little bit like guys and their cars. Avery wants a Dora House for her bday and John can't understand that since she has a doll house, a barbie house, a pet shop house... And I agree with the pregger thing. Definitely much more fun when not :)