Friday, June 5, 2009

Let it begin. . .

So the kids are officially out of school. I asked a friend of mine if school being out was a good thing for her or a bad thing. Her reply "oh, I don't know. It's good...yea.. hummm, but I guess it's mostly a bad thing." I just had to laugh.

We started off the summer vacation with a bang. Jackson had a friend over all afternoon and Audrey got into some trouble at the neighbor's house. Apparently she was dangling a blanket out a hole through a window screen and her little friend was supposed to catch it - three stories down. Oh yea, apparently it was a nice blanket (I'm sure Sally was so happy). After a long timeout in her room she then got busy looking for tape.

"Mom, can I have some tape?"

"Yea, here you go."

A few minutes later . . .

"Audrey?"

"Ya mom?" (coming from the bathroom)

"What's the tape for?"

"Oh - well, I'm putting it around the toilet paper because then when someone tries to use the toilet paper it won't come off and they will just keep turning it and turning it wondering why it won't come off and it will be really funny."

Oh jeez - help me now. Guess who was the first person to use that bathroom an hour later.
Soooooo funny.

I then took the kids swimming. It was great, we had the pool all to ourselves. Probably because it was kinda stormy all afternoon. The kids had been swimming for maybe about 30 minutes when someone who worked there said they saw lightning. I don't think they did - I just think they wanted to shut it down and go home. Nathan it still in D.C. for school requirements- we miss him tons and can't wait to get him home next weekend.

Here are a few pictures I took of the kids swimming. They're not very good because I used my phone, I didn't have my good camera with me but you get the idea...there was water, they're wet, there are noodles in the background. Yup, looks like they're swimming.




I almost forgot to mention. . .we had to celebrate the end of the school year with our traditional trip to Chuck-a-Rama. This is Jackson's favorite place in the world. I can't go in that place without thinking of my Grandpa. It was his favorite too. We went with Brandon and his family which was fun. Brandon's kids are supper cute. Audrey gave Paige a mini makeover (with lipstick) in the restaurant. I'm sure Debbi was thrilled! Hip Hip Hooray for Summer!!

1 comment:

VillageGreen Unit For Sale said...

Chuck-A-Rama...that cracks me up...guess where Noah wanted to go the minute we got back to UT...yes, up-chuck-your-hama...what is the deal with that place.