Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh SNAP!

An extremely sad thing happened at the red brick house today. Someone in a very large blue truck with a "Y" decal on the back, backed into the family trike. Yes, it is true. As a few of you may know, I have sketchy backup skills to say the least. Well - unfortunately, the plastic yellow trike was the latest casualty. However, it must be said that I did see it behind me and I thought that the truck would "gently" tap it and it would roll away - I mean after all, it is plastic. Well, I don't know exactly what happened but "gentle" is not a word I would use to describe what happened. I am kinda sad because the trike does have some sentimental value to it. I think the original purchase price was about $24.99, however, I did get my money's worth. It was Jackson's first bike in California. I think he was about 18 months old when he got it. Audrey was the one who really used it and who I feel bad for the most. She put many miles on that puppy and rode it this very morning. How sad! Oh, now that I think about it, even Buzz enjoyed it during his first few months as a new resident of the red brick house. (He chewed off one of the handles) I don't think the bike can be saved but if any of you have and extra plastic wheel lying around - we could certainly use it. How I wish my grandpa were still alive - I just know he would be able to remedy this unfortunate situation!

Jackson's cousin, Tyler, was able to spend the night tonight. Jackson was so excited to have him sleep over as he is the only other boy cousin on my side of the family. That's right - out of 12 grand kids (almost thirteen) only 2 are boys (the baby due in September is a girl). Jackson and I were both surprised when Tyler showed up to our house wearing glasses. If you have ever wanted to know what Brandon looked like as a little boy, just look at the picture below. It is a "mini-me". How cute is he? We love you Ty-guy!

One more photo of my darling baby. There is so much tile in our house and baby Jane is forced to crawl on it. My only consolation is that she knows no difference. It's so cute to hear her on it. All day I hear this "smack, smack, smack" sound as her little hands slap the tile and her knees shuffle along. Big news -she is getting her four front teeth in. I feel sorry and happy for at the same time! Don't worry Jane - it will be worth it. By next year at this time, those teeth will be chomping on a Costco hot dog and you will be so glad you have them!

3 comments:

Chelsey Meier said...

I love the picture of Tyler. He does look EXACTLY like Brandon! It cracks me up. That's too bad about the trike. haha I can see me having some of those moments in my mother days.

Heather O'Brien said...

How sad! I love how you describe things Tammi! You're so cute. Love the pictures. Tyler really does look just like Brandon's pictures. Cute. Peyton is getting her 4 front teeth right now too! Fun fun!

dicksy rhoads said...

Tam! You are so clever with your writing ability. I loved all the pictures and the fun of reading about each event. Keep it up. What a wonderful journal. I miss you and love you bunches. Our little cub scout is growing up! Audrey -- what a beauty and the lipstick just made the costume.

The best news today is Jodi came home!!!

I love you and your cute family. We need to see a picture of the Ringger family --everyone!
Love, MOM