Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tiny Dancer . . .

Last night our tiny dancer, Audrey, had her spring dance recital. She had been preparing for this since January and boy, was she excited to preform. On Friday I had to take her to her dress rehearsal and I was looking everywhere for her and getting kind of upset because she had to be there by 6pm. I checked at the neighbors and they said she came home. I called her name outside and she didn't respond. I came inside my house and yelled "Audrey, Audrey, we need to hustle". Still, she didn't respond. Finally I went upstairs into my bedroom and there she was standing on a step stool all ready to go, just adding the final touch of applying her lipstick. When she was finished, she replied "Sorry mom, I couldn't talk, I was putting on my lipstick. Okay - I'm ready- let's go!" May I remind you she is 5?! Oh heaven help me during the teenage years.


Audrey has some friends that go to the same studio. This is her friend Mia. They are so CUTE! I wish I could have gotten a photo of all the girls together - maybe next time! Great job Mia, Eden and Daisy! You all looked beautiful and danced divine!

We even had a VIP attend the performance! Grandpa just couldn't miss it. He made the trip north even though he was feeling very sick. Thanks for coming grandpa - thanks for the rose. Audrey was so excited to have her very own flower. We love you! Get well soon!

3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love it.She is beautiful. I hope your dad gets feeling better too. We are thinking of you all.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Oh my gosh, she is a clone of her mother. I remember Steph and I playing and asking "Where did Tammi go" and sure enough you would be in the bathroom getting beautiful.:-) Such a cutie though and what a great and dedicated Grandpa she has. Hope he is feeling better. Love you.

VillageGreen Unit For Sale said...

that is such a crack up....just like her mom, I think I remember trying to get you out of the house and you just had to apply your lippy!