Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's Saturday!

I thought I would just post a few quick photos of some things that have been going on. The photo above is just an image my iphone accidentally took while at the pool the other day. It took it of the water. I did a few things to bring out the color and I think it now looks pretty cool. Maybe I will print it out and hang it up on my wall. Oh, I forgot . . . we NEVER hang anything on our walls. We are so bad that way but I just can't figure out how I want to decorate and so I never do. Isn't that bad?

Okay. The next two pictures is of Jackson giving his report on airplanes. He had to do all his own research, write it on note cards, and present it to the class. The day of his report happen to fall on pajama day and so that is why he is sporting the plaid flannel in 80 degree weather. So cute!
This was his model airplane he constructed out of play dough. Well done Jackson!

So yesterday, my cute dad took Jackson and Brandon's family up to the airshow at Hill Air Force Base. Thanks dad! Jackson loved it. I got to hear all about the amazing stunts the airplanes preformed. Nathan is out of town this weekend so he couldn't take Jackson but it was so sweet of my dad to make sure he didn't miss out on the fun! When my dad came to my house he said "Tammi, what happened 65 years ago today?" Of course, I had no clue. "Sixty-five years ago today marks the anniversary of the invasion of U.S. forces in Normandy! That's why I wore my patriotic shirt!" I love my dad. Isn't he the best? You look soooo handsome guys!


Saturday evening we celebrated Mark's birthday "Ringger" style. We had yummy barbecue, Jackson's FAVORITE baked beans Jill makes, fruit and pasta salads and of course two kinds of birthday cake - all served out on the back porch. It was so much fun. Happy 58th birthday Mark! You don't look a day over 57! Just kidding.




I almost forgot to post this photo. . . Audrey's school always has a fun run at the end of the year. Parents can participate with their children. They begin at the elementary school and then walk all the way around Draper city park. It's a big deal for the city. The police officers are out making sure the route is safe for the kids and it's just a lot of fun because the whole community shows up. Jackson had to give his report about airplanes on this day so I couldn't participate but Nathan walked with Audrey. I wish this picture showed her shoes she was wearing. They are these dainty little silver flat fashion shoes. Audrey doesn't own a pair of tennis shoes -quite honestly she wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love the part about what your Dad said. I can picture exactly how he would say it :) Parents are the best.