Monday, May 11, 2009

5/11 -The day after Mothers day.



Happy Mothers Day! Yes, that one day a year all mother's look forward to has come and gone. Once again, Nathan was away for the blessed day, working for Uncle Sam (don't we have such a nice uncle?). Jackson did however make me breakfast in bed by himself. He brought me toast with jam and a plate full of candy - how can your day not be perfect when you start it out right with a plate of candy? Although Audrey decided to pass on the "making mom breakfast in bed" part, she did make me feel good by doing everything I asked her to do with a pleasant "I would love to do that for you because you do so much for me and today is YOUR day!"(I promise, I did not hypnotize her to say that in the night). She even sat through church fairly reverently which is a major accomplishment for my very wiggly 5 year old.





Nathan did however make it home last night so he celebrated this evening by making me dinner(pizza and yummy cake for dessert) and bringing home beautiful red roses. Yes, what a stud muffin he is. Oh, what did I get for mother's day you may ask? Well yes, I think I addressed that issue a few blogs back - remember the iphone issue? Ya, that was my present - oh snap! Why did my iphone break so close to mother's day? Just kidding - it's just what I wanted.

On Sunday I made dinner for my wonderful mother, dad, brother and his family and my sister and her family. It was fun for me to host on such a special day. Thanks for coming everyone! I love you all so much. Thanks Nathan for making it special for me today and thanks Jackson and Audrey for making me feel special on my day (no Jackson, there is not an official Kid's day - but don't worry, I'll make you breakfast in the morning - just like I do every day).

No comments: