Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We're almost to the finish line. . .

This was what the sky looked like tonight - blue with fluffy pink clouds. What girl can resist taking a photo of fluffy pink clouds?


The last few days have been quite busy. It seems that somehow I am always running a smidgen late for wherever I need to be, so I often find myself leaning forward in the drivers seat with my fists clenching the steering wheel, my eyes opened wide, while I am muttering to my self in a quite but desperate, pleading voice "turn green, turn green, turn green!!" At the same time, in my much louder voice I am commanding my son to "pleeeeese put on your soccer shoes, you need to hop out as soon as we get there!" I swear, it's so stressful I can sometimes just feel the wrinkles on my forehead sinking in for good. I think the stress of being late to any event you have to go to can take years off your life - I can feel my heart beating faster so I know that can't be good!



Today Jackson had his end of the year piano recital so I took a few photos but the real entertainment was what happened once we got home - he stole the neighbors pink bike and tormented her in the culdesack with it. I just had to document it with my camera. It was one of those perfect spring evenings. There are many beautiful places in this world but to me there is nothing quite like a summer evening in Utah. I love the temperature, the smell and even the sound of fewer cars on the road. When Nathan and I lived in California, I remember telling him that I missed those Utah summer evenings.



Of course I had to throw in a few more photos of Audrey. Sorry Jane, no publicity photos for you tonight, you were already in bed.

1 comment:

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

I love your blog. See it is not too hard. I knew you could do it.
Love all of your pictures. Your kids are totally cute and totally look like their mother. You are a great Mom.