Monday, May 25, 2009

This post is dedicated to Kourtne (yes, I spelled that right )

I have to give two snaps to my sister-in-law for reading my blog. Okay, lets be honest, we know it's not the most happening place on the web but I must say, I do try to post a photo and a paragraph every day or two. Well, unbeknownst to me, my sweet sister-in-law, Kourtne has been a faithful reader of mine and I didn't even know it! Thus, she is the reader of the day! Now- I do not mean to offend anybody else who has been reading my blog because I appreciate you all, but it just was exciting to know that she read me and I never even told her about my blog! How AMAZING is that?! (I have to remind some of my own flesh and blood to look at my blog so I felt honored to say the very least!)

This holiday weekend has been a fabulous one. It began by Nathan arriving home from Korea on Friday instead of Saturday! He walked through the door and into the kitchen and surprised me so I totally screamed. Jane looked a little frightened but by Sunday, Nathan didn't seem so scary anymore. On Saturday I cleaned some of the house, finished laundry and took care of kids and hubby. Hubby worked in the yard all day and read the whole entire book for book club - in one day- unreal right? That's just one of his many talents! (Thanks babe - you saved us!)

Audrey was either posing or pouting . . . I can't remember but as you can see, both looks are very similar.

Sunday we enjoyed another chaotic Sunday morning - I don't care what time church is, I am ALWAYS scrambling to get ready and out the door on time. What's up with that? After church, Nathan's family came over for a quick dinner (we also celebrated Kourtne's B-day - ahhh, to be soooo young! 25!!) and we went and put flowers on his brother's grave out in Kerns. This is a Ringger family tradition we do every year. Nathan's brother, Will, died from SIDS when he was 3 months old. Nathan was 6 at the time. Will would have been 30 this year. I can't imagine what Nathan's family went through when that happened. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we can be with our loved ones again someday. Jill (Nathan's mother) has expressed this same sediment when talking about Will. On a much lighter note, Audrey did entertain us on the way home. We were listening to some song on the radio, I can't remember what exactly it was but Audrey all of sudden began interjecting "chickaboom, chicaboom, chickaboom" on each beat of the song. Okay, you probably had to be there but that is what we get at our house on a daily basis. Where does she come up with these things?

Don't blame me if there is hair on your piece of cake!

Today (Memorial day) has been a fabulous day of working in the yard non-stop. I just know that if you came over and looked at our yard you would exclaim "You worked all day out here and THIS is what it looks like??!!" Sad, but true. If there is anyone out there who just can't get enough of weed pulling, bush pruning and garden preparation, please feel free to exercise that green thumb over here. I am pretty sure (uhh, ya, totally sure) I could put your skills to use. Nathan also showed his barbecue chops - nice chicken babe! How lucky am I- I hardly had to do a thing for dinner!
YUMMMMMY!
What a handsome hubby! Who's redneck baby is that?!
Ahh, my three kids - doing what they love to do best . . . Jackson-playing Nintendo DS, Jane-eating and Audrey-posing for photos!


THIS JUST IN AT 9:00PM MONDAY NIGHT. . . . .

Audrey was just invited to go to the Drive-in movie with the Lindfords. She was very excited and came running into the house exclaiming . . ."MOM!! The Limpurs invited me to the Drive thru movie! Can I go? I think I'm going to see something fun!" Okay, lets just see if she stays awake on the ride to the movie. Her first drive-in movie, just one of the joys of youth. I have fond memories of attending the movies with my Aunt Robin and Uncle Danny! I had great times going with my cousins. What fun! I'll let you know how it goes. Stay tuned . . . .

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That picture was digusting Tamera. Seriously. And I'm offended that I didn't get a shout out.

Kourtne said...

Ahh Tammi I love your blog. Thanks for the yummy dinner on Sunday. The pictures of Jane in the swing are awesome.