Saturday, May 9, 2009


I had to get out of the house today - for the safety of my children and the sanity of my brain. I have been wanting to take them to the Walter Wick exhibit at the Museum of Art at BYU so I decided to take them there. Walter Wick is the artist who created the "I SPY" books. It was so interesting to see the exhibit - apparently he builds the scenes and then photographs them. I thought it was mostly computer generated but it is not. They have a video that explains how each set is created. My kids really enjoyed it and I enjoyed being with them -especially in a "nag" free environment. When we are at home all day, I can think up a million jobs for them to do but sometimes it's just nice to get away and remember that we can just have fun together.

After the museum, I took them over to the Wilkinson Center on campus and got some lunch at Subway. BYU is pretty dead right now because it is between semesters so it was nice to visit at a quieter time. Jackson says he can't wait to go to BYU - looks like our brainwashing technique is working! Audrey just hopes that by the time she gets to college, they have figured out an on-campus transportation system more conducive to her "no walking" policy.

No comments: